Gita Jayanti: 7 Interesting Facts about Bhagavad Gita
1) Duryodhana always knows he is on the wrong path but he felt a force within him which doesn’t allow his mind to choose what is right. It was his Prakriti which not allow him to act as per his dharma.
2) The first English edition of the Bhagavad Gita was wiped out in 1785 by Charles Wilkins in London, England. This was only 174 years after the interpretation of the King James Bible in 1611.
3) Originally written in classical Sanskrit, Bhagavad Gita is until date translated into approximately 175 languages.
4) Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Gita compares the human body to a piece of cloth, giving the message that the body is temporary but the soul is permanent. Just like worn-out clothes are replaced by new ones, the soul when leaves the body, acquires a new body. Make us understand, one should not identify himself with the body instead of the self within.
5) Anger takes us towards delusion. Whenever a person is angry, his mind loses the power of reasoning, and action or decision taken in anger is the result of all sufferings in one mind. It is one of the evils which take us to all the evil deeds.
6) God is usually with you – always: Mere acceptance of this sublime truth can transform the life of an individual. It is the God that acts through every living being. Releasing oneself from worries and everyone other negative emotions is straightforward by surrendering oneself to the almighty. Since a person’s being is merely an instrument within the hands of God, regretting the past or fearing the longer term is pointless. The natural harmony of mind and soul is restored by recognizing the Omnipresent.
7) Do not doubt: Doubts within the self or an ‘absolute truth’ is that the main reason why billions lead unhappy lives on the earth. According to Bhagavad Gita, a doubtful man can’t be asleep during this world or subsequent. The habit of rejecting a philosophy, belief, or truth told by a learned man isn’t productive at all.